Lee Salzman's Page of Random Stuff
Stuff I've programmed:
- Tesseract A fork of Sauerbraten with fully dynamic lighting and many modern FX bullet-points: deferred shading, HDR, MLAA, SSAO, global illumination, screen-space reflection and refraction, and more...
- Sauerbraten I am currently the main programmer/maintainer/organizer of the Sauerbraten project.
- Cube I wrote the UDP networking for Cube and was also in charge of Linux/unixoid ports.
- ENet A UDP protocol library I wrote for Cube and Sauerbraten's networking supporting mixed reliable/unreliable message streams.
- Slate A novel programming language I wrote/designed a lot of based on merging multiple dispatching with prototype objects.
- POS A neat little operating system micro(ish)-kernel I wrote in ages yore based on dynamic linking everything rather than system calls. It has likely bit-rotted beyond all recognition. Peruse it at your own peril.
- Inter-Quake Model (IQM) format A binary skeletal-animation format designed as a replacement for MD5 and SMD skeletal-animation formats used in Quake-derived/Quake-like 3D engines.
Stuff I've contributed to:
- Red Eclipse (formerly Blood Frontier) Help with game-specific engine improvements and backporting miscellaneous cool stuff from Sauerbraten.
- AssaultCube Helped remove some of Cube's aging cruft and backport some niceties from Sauerbraten, as well as some new rendering optimizations and eye-candy effects.
- Lost Souls, text based RPG Back in the day when ASCII graphics were state of the art and before I got hooked on shooting things in 3D, I was addicted to hacking/slashing stuff in text. I helped develop/maintained/served as unofficial project leader for a cool little MUD that was novel for its time.
- DarkPlaces Contributed fast omni-directional shadowmapping with PCF filtering and culling, multi-threading and SIMD improvements to the software renderer, as well as the occasional bug fix.
- 0 A.D. Contributed skeletal-animation, shadowmapping, and water rendering improvements.
Commercial stuff I've worked on:
- 3rd Space Incursion™ Organized/programmed a total conversion of Sauerbraten to show off the TN Games® FPS Gaming Vest.
- BloodToll™ Programmed secure total conversion of Cube.
Stuff I've published:
Random cool ideas I've written up:
Demos and miscellaneous throw-away code: